Preventing Crime, Protecting Jobs and Preserving the Environment are part of my top 5 priorities
As your local Member of Parliament, I am committed to fighting on local issues through local action, to ensure that our area remains one of the best places in WA to live, work and raise a family.
While together as a community we have already achieved so much, there is a lot more to be done - with the issues of crime, jobs and the environment among my top priorities.
My top 5 priorities are:
- Making our community a safer place. I worked hard to deliver CCTVs throughout the electorate and why I continue to work closely with our local police officers to help make our community a safer place to live.
- Reducing graffiti and vandalism. I support the Graffiti Taskforce so that action is taken and offenders that are caught are punished.
- Protecting local jobs. The instability and anti-investment policies of the former Government have resulted in an economic position where Australia’s growth is below trend. The Coalition will reduce taxes, cut regulation and provide certainty to businesses to promote economic growth in order to create 2 million jobs over the next decade.
- Improving local roads. It is critical that our local roads are as safe as possible for all road users. Given the significance of Reid Highway as an arterial road, I believe it is critical that improvements be made to ease congestion. In the past I fought for the overpasses over both Mirrabooka Avenue and Alexander Drive and will continue to advocate for widening of Reid Highway west of Erindale Road, including a duplicate bridge.
- Supporting environmental projects. Protecting the local environment is vital to maintaining the Stirling quality of life. The Coalition will build the largest standing environmental workforce in Australia’s history and deliver local on-the-ground environmental projects in Stirling and around Australia.
As your local member, I want to make sure that more things get done right here at home and I am more determined than ever to make ours one of the best places in Western Australia to live, work and raise a family.